|Helped formulate ProArgi-9+
with over 22 years of clinical
arginine therapy experienceMore experience with clinical L-arginine therapy than anyone in the world
Dr. Prendergast has been awarded,
“Father of the Year 2008”
from the American Diabetes Association
and the Father’s Day council of Silicon Valley
“Certificate of Recogntion
for outstanding committment to eliminating health care disparities in the area of access”
from the American Medical Association
Interview with Dr. Prendergast.
Synergy Summit 2010 – Dr. Prendergast
Since 1991 Dr. Prendergast has been using L-arginine therapy in the Endocrine Metabolic Medical Center with remarkable results.
This is seven years before the Nobel Prize was awarded to Louis Ignarro, Robert F. Furchgott and Ferid Murad for discovering that L-arginine produces the signalling molecule, Nitric Oxide. Dr. Prendergast brought his years of L-arginine research experience and clinical L-arginine therapy with thousands of patients in the Endocrine Metabolic Medical Center to the scientists at Natures Sunshine Products and together they formulated ProArgi-9 plus. Since that time Dr. Joe has used the Synergy Worldwide product ProArgi-9 plus in his practice with phenomenal results.
Dr. Prendergast has been an researcher and Endocrinologist for over 35 years.
He is Board Certified in Internal Medicine as well as Endocrinology and Metabolism and served his residency at the University of California, San Francisco. Dr. Prendergast is a member of over a dozen national medical associations and has published over 50 medical articles in well-known publications including JAMA “Journal of the American Medical Association”, “The New England Journal of Medicine” and “Diabetes Care”.
During that time, Dr. Joe has empowered countless patients in the art of self-care.
“L-arginine benefits the body in a myriad of ways. We have now learned more about how l-arginine uses the two natural pathways into the brain to promote anti-aging properties, sports performance, and boost the immune system. Because l-arginine promotes healthy blood flow, it can also benefit human sexuality.”
Dr. Prendergast is a graduate of Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan. He completed his residency at the University of California, San Francisco. In 1986, Dr. Prendergast formed a single specialty endocrinology practice, Endocrine Metabolic Medical Center and a non-profit research foundation, The Pacific Medical Research Foundation. In 1999, he founded DiabetesWell, an eClinic that managed patients with diabetes and helped them lead healthier, longer lives.
Dr. Joe’s first book, The Uncommon Doctor: Dr. Joe’s Rx for Managing your Health, reveals the secrets of preventive medicine and helps readers design a strategic wellness program. Dr. Joe hosts his own live Internet health program each week.
- Dr. Prendergast serves on the California Legislative Task Force on Diabetes and Obesity.
- Medical Director of the Diabetic Treatment Center at Sequoia Hospital in Redwood City, CA
- California State Chairman of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- Reviewer of the American Board of Internal Medicine.
- Endocrine-Metabolic Case Reviewer, Medical Board of California Division of Medical Quality
- He is the Founder and Medical Director of Endocrine Therapeutics, Inc.
Dr Prendergast is a member of:
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- Fellow, American College of Endocrinology
- American College of Medical Quality
- The California Academy of Medicine
- The Endocrine Society
- Diplomate, American Board of Endocrinology and Metabolism
- American Diabetes Association
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Fellow of American College of Physicians
- California Medical Association
- San Mateo County Medical Society
- Charter Member, American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- American Society of Internal Medicine
- Society for Clinical Densitometry
- American Association of Diabetes Educators
- North American Vascular Biology Organization